North Rome Christian School
POSITION TITLE: NRCS Administrator
PAY CLASS: Salaried – Exempt
REPORTS TO: NRCS Board
SUPERVISES: NRCS Teachers, Secretary, Guidance Counselor, Athletic Director
To provide leadership and support to NRCS faculty and staff in order to fulfill the mission of the North Rome Christian School which is: To reinforce Christian family values and provide outstanding educational programs that prepare students to excel academically and motivate them to develop a Christian lifestyle that results in service to God and mankind.
1. To oversee and direct daily school operations.
2. To report and consult with the school board at their regular scheduled monthly board meetings and provide a written report one (1) week prior to the board meeting.
3. To execute the school policies as outlined in the NRCS Student Handbook.
4. To direct and evaluate (minimally 2 evaluations during the academic school year) the administrative staff in the efficient management of the school.
5. To establish, implement, and purchase the school curriculum.
6. To recruit and screen prospective faculty members for the Board’s consideration.
7. To supervise the faculty in fulfilling their responsibilities as teachers and aid them in setting and establishing goals for each school year.
8. To audit a minimum of two (2) classes per week, record observations, and provide feedback to the faculty member subject of the audit. This should result in quarterly observations of each faculty member. Audit results shall be reported to the school board on a monthly basis.
9. To interview and screen prospective students.
10. To maintain school discipline within the established policies of the Board.
11. To maintain good relations with the North Rome Wesleyan Church Pastor, faculty, and members.
12. To maintain good relations throughout the school organization between the Board and the faculty, staff, parents, and students.
13. To direct and be informed of the school’s financial matters.
14. Performs various tasks as assigned from time to time by the NRCS board.
INTERNAL – Communicates and coordinates with the NRCS board, faculty, staff, students, and parents to receive or give information that is pertinent to and will result in the overall improvement of the School.
EXTERNAL – NRWC Pastor, NRWC staff, NRWC members, ACSI, representative public school district officials, insurance companies, local agencies, county agencies, state agencies, general public, contractors, vendors and consultants.
EDUCATION: A Masters degree in Education is preferred. In lieu of a Masters degree, an Administrator Certificate or BA in Education with minimum of 10 years teaching experience shall be considered.
EXPERIENCE: Incumbent must have at least 10 years of related experience in education.
• NRCS History, Mission, and Vision
• Christian School Curricula (Bob Jones, A Beka, Apologia)
• Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
• Competent computer skills and experience with all Microsoft Office products
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
• Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with faculty, staff, students, parents, and the general public.
• Ability to organize, plan, schedule and direct work as required.
• Must be able to perform all supervisory and human resource functions.
• Demonstrate leadership and the ability to instruct, coach, and mentor faculty and staff.
TIME REQUIRED FOR FULL COMPETENCY: Five (5) Years
Signed: _________________________________ Date: ______________